Friday, December 31, 2010

8th Race Into the New Year 5K...

I was really, really excited to finish this race...




Mainly because I hadn't trained all month. Trained? That verb might be too strong. I barely got off the couch this month. Plus, I consumed a ridiculous amount of Christmas cookies, Christmas ham, Christmas desserts, and um, they're not really Christmasy, but I pretty much ate my weight in potato chips.

So yeah, this wasn't the easiest race for me to run in 2010.

So the above picture is of me smiling when the finish line FINALLY pops into view. I have no idea how I did, as, for some reason, the finish clock was not up. (Maybe it broke? Or maybe God ordained that it not be present, as He knew in His Almighty Wisdom that it would be the worst race of the season for me, and a terrible blow to my self confidence to receive my worst time during my most recent endeavor?) At any rate, I'm glad that race is behind me, and I'm looking forward to 2011.

Today was not only my final race of 2010: It was Kaliah's first race EVER. She was so adorable! And awesome. I'll post a much cuter picture of her tomorrow. Her running is, thankfully, much easier on the eyes than mine is. :)

Happy New Year, readers!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jen! I give you much credit for running a race! I don't run unless something vicious is chasing me! Thinking about trying to start this year though...won't make it a resolution, but thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be surprised how addicting it is! I felt so much better once I started running consistently... it was easy to keep going! I started by running just ten minutes at a time, and tried to run three times a week. The next week, I would add two more minutes. It got to the point where I could go two hours at a time. :) I'm sure if I can do it, you can too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete