Sunday, January 9, 2011

Guess What?

...I got invited to teach a creative writing summer camp!

Yep... it's not official yet, but I was contacted by the directors of the Eastern Shore Writing Project, the amazing sponsors of the best profesional development ever, the ESWP summer institute, which I had a blast completing last year... and they both want me to be the instructor for the Young Writers program at Wor-Wic this summer!

I still have to interview with Wor-Wic... but just being asked to do this is a huge compliment.

I am very excited to share my love of creative writing with talented students. :)

Yay me!

And in other ESWP news... the Winter Writing Retreat is this weekend. Totally stoked for a weekend of writing and relaxing. Rumor has it... there's going to be karaoke.

Look out, Ocean City!

PS--Snowmageddon, I hear you're coming for us again. I SUPPOSE I can handle a day or two off work this week, if you're gonna twist my arm and all... but that's it! ONE or TWO days ONLY! I've got mid-terms to give, and these kids need to know what's on their exam! Plus, if you even THINK about interfering with the retreat...

I'm calling Delaware quits and going to Mexico. Don't think I won't do it, either.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! That sounds like a fun gig. :D

    And I'm right there with you on ditching Delaware for somewhere warm - snow is only fun when it happens once in a blue moon, not every damn week.

    ReplyDelete